RNC terrorist propagandist, David Himbara, is obsessed with data manipulation and distortions – because that’s the way he fools his most gullible audiences. He believes that misquoting IMF, World Bank and other financial institutions will help his life mission of anti-Rwanda smears. Concerning the IMF report that Himbara distorts, the following positive comments appear about the government of Rwanda:
- The Government has effectively responded to the COVID-19 outbreak through existing and new innovative digital solutions for contact tracing, surveillance, prevention, and data visualization.
- The Government of Rwanda is committed to putting more effort to accelerate the journey towards a cashless economy.
- The Rwandan government’s swift and effective response has averted the potential for much larger losses in social outcomes.
- The authorities’ policy response has remained well-designed and targeted”
- The authorities continue to appropriately balance their policy response to contain the pandemic, including by procuring vaccines, and minimize its long-lasting impacts, with maintaining fiscal sustainability.”
Those are the words of IMF.
Himbara also distorts the 2018 Auditor General’s report with claims that “Rwanda has not received any dividends from its investments.” But Rwanda Social Security Board (RSSB) reported a profit of Rwf 26 billion for the first half of the 2018/19 fiscal year. In just one investment, Merrimack Pharmaceuticals, RSSB realized about US$ 3 million in dividends in 2018.
Himbara’s obsessions with distortion and forgery is nothing new however. This after all is someone that used a false name to get admission to University. Murunganwa – who calls himself Himbara – failed even his O levels in Ndejje SSS in Bulemezi. He got straight 9s (F) in 7 subjects and an 8 (the worst Pass) in English. So he took another person’s name.
Beware of the snake oil Murunganwa peddles.
Leave a Reply